Working with me
My services begin with branding and extend to whatever else you may need.
Branding is most effective when it reflects the heart and soul of what you do. What this means is that I don’t just make something pretty for the hell of it. I dive deep and get to know the truth of who you are and what you bring to the table so that your branding naturally attracts the right people. In short, I want to make our time together as aligned and ease filled as possible so that you can experience the same within your own business.
we’ll be a good fit if
You want a brand that’s not only beautiful, but rooted in strategy, reflecting the heart and soul of why you do what you do
You appreciate partnering with someone who balances of being creative, intuitive, and empathetic.
You’re ready to spend your energy doing what you love while someone else (that’s me!) takes care of your brand identity.
what you get
BRAND STRATEGY & GUIDELINES (*opt.)
PRIMARY LOGO – SECONDARY LOGO – MARKS – BRAND PATTERN – COLOR PALETTE – FONT PAIRINGS – ONE COLLATERAL ITEM – BRAND MAP
WHAT IS YOUR DESIGN PROCESS?
01. DISCOVER: Successful design is rooted in strategy, which means that I don’t just make something pretty for the hell of it. I’ll dive deep and (really) get to know your brand so that we can develop an authentic identity from the ground up.
02. STRATEGIZE: You’ll receive an in-depth brand strategy that outlines your brand’s ethos, audience, competition, and overall goals. A visual moodboard is also included so that we have both a verbal and visualize checkpoint before moving forward.
03. DESIGN: Using everything I’ve gathered so far, I’ll begin developing concepts. I take a one concept approach when it comes to design, playing with a variety of directions up front and narrowing down as I go in order to deliver a strong and succinct solution for your brand.
04. REFINE: Through two rounds of refinement, we’ll discuss what’s working as well as any potential opportunities to grow. My job is to make sure that what we’re creating aligns with the truth of who you are and what your brand brings to the table as well as what your people need, so honest communication is key.
05. EXPAND: Branding always comes with one complimentary collateral item from the following list: business cards, notecard, letterhead, hang tag, tote bag, up to four custom icons, or up to two social media templates. And then if you need any other design elements (like print, packaging, and / or web design), I’ll design those at this time as well.
06. FINALIZE: Once everything is finalized and approved, you’ll receive all of the files and tools needed to successfully launch your brand into the world.
the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
DO I NEED BRAND STRATEGY?
Brand strategy facilitates deeper collaboration and strategic decision making so that your brand can grow alongside you for years to come.
In short, it’s a 25+ page document that digs deep into your brand’s values, mission, audience personas + purchasing paths, messaging, competition, creative direction, and more.
That said, there are a few instances where a full brand strategy document is unnecessary:
01. If you already have a brand strategy or marketing plan in place. Or, if you already have a good handle on your brand, audience, competition, etc.
02. If you are a new business and aren’t ready to invest in full brand strategy.
In both instances, we would still explore creative direction prior to concept development.
If you fall into one of the above categories, please let me know in the contact form when you inquire.
While removing brand strategy from the base branding package lowers the overall investment, most of our clients keep it in if able and necessary.
If you’re still unsure, we can chat about the best path forward after you’ve inquired. I’m also happy to share an example of a real brand strategy document to help inform your decision! Just ask. 🙂
HOW LONG WILL MY PROJECT TAKE?
Turn around time varies depending on project scope, as well as client response time. But typically, branding takes 4-6 weeks from start to finish. Add on collateral items (like website design, print, packaging, etc.) incur extra time. Specific timelines will be included in your customized proposal.
WHAT IS THE INVESTMENT? PAYMENT PLANS?
Because each and every single project I work on is different, we’ll discuss your exact needs and put together a completely customized proposal. Although investment varies depending on overall complexity and deliverables, most clients end up somewhere in the $2-3k range.
Branding and beyond is an investment in your business, self, and livelihood that I take seriously. Because of this, I’m happy to offer payment plan options to make the process more accessible. While most projects are split into two payments over the course of the project, longer term payment plans are available if needed. Just ask!
Also remember that you don’t have to do everything right away. I have an ongoing relationship with most of my clients and work on collateral and / or website design on an as needed basis. Start where you are able and grow from there. 🙂
WHAT IS YOUR PROCESS?
01. RESEARCH: The first step is I need to thoroughly understand your business, your business goals, your customers and their expectations and behaviour, and how your website factors into all of it. I’ll also look at the competitive landscape to establish context and benchmarks for how your site should function and then improve on that. This stage will give us the foundation for moving forward with just the right recommendations for the design and development of your new responsive website.
02. INTEGRATION, DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT:
After research and branding, I will install and implement the agreed upon CMS (content management system, i.e. WordPress, Shopify, etc) on your chosen Hosting Platform.
I will then utilize my knowledge of your brand and research to implement customizations that will support the needs of your brand and your business. When I customize the CMS, you will see your brand come alive! I will utilize responsive design to ensure that your site looks as beautiful on tablets and cell phones as it does on your computer screen.
HOW LONG WILL MY PROJECT TAKE?
Turn around time varies depending on project scope, as well as client response time. But typically, web builds take 8-10 weeks from start to finish. Specific timelines will be included in your customized proposal.
WHAT IS THE INVESTMENT? DO YOU OFFER PAYMENT PLANS?
I absolutely love working with small businesses and I know (from personal experience) that each minute and dollar is precious. Because of this, I create a custom quote for every client so that you’ll only pay for things that you need; and never for things that you don’t. Before pricing your project, we will have a scheduled 30-minute discovery call to talk about your goals, challenges, wants, needs, timeline and budget.
Web design and development packages start around $1800 and can range depending on need up to $6-8K, though there are always outliers on both sides depending on the project scope.
I also endeavor to offer a wide range of payment options to make working with us as accessible and manageable as possible while still honoring the time, heart and dedication that I pour into my work.
web design + development
what I offer
SMALL BUSINESS WEB DESIGN
ECOMMERCE WEB DESIGN